Monday, January 21, 2013

Bftsplk

Horrid bad interesting last few days.

First, all hell broke loose on a project I've been working on at the office for the last three years.  Not good.  Not good at all.  Seriously.

Then the dishwasher guy finally showed up last evening and ended up breaking my counter top and the pipe under the sink.  So not only can I not use the new dishwasher, I can't even use the sink.  Well, unless I put a bucket under it and monitor it.

Tonight, the upstairs toilet overflowed all over the floor, rugs and, ultimately, poured out through the fan vent in the downstairs powder room.  And all of the towels are in the wash because I had to use them last night to mop up under the sink.

It's times like this when I feel like I'm cursed.  It's times like this when I wish prayer worked better.

It's not as though I expect that God is going to bother intervening at work, or to stop the toilet from running or any number of mundane, everyday things.  But I really wish he would.  Although as I think about it, how selfish would that be - to use up my prayers on stupid junk like that when there is so much wrong in the world; so many sick people; so many actual problems.

I know that things could get worse.  I just really hope they don't.


"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.  And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment