Thursday, January 10, 2013

Shifting Gears and Juggling Eggs

Inspired by something as innocuous as before and after photos of a bookshelf, I've just decided that, while I remain spiritually bogged down, I'm going to try and ignore that facet of my life for a while.  I'm going to get back to making changes around the house and start working towards those original goals.

This Saturday, our new dishwasher (!!) arrives, so Friday night, the focus will be on the kitchen - making sure the installer has enough elbow room.  That really shouldn't be an issue.  Much of the kitchen was purged weeks ago.  I do, however, have some big items  that have to go - specifically an electric deep-fryer (what exactly was I thinking?) and an inherited toaster oven - although I could make a case for that staying...if I could figure out counter space.   Maybe I need to find an off-season spot for the stand mixer...but I digress.

Then I figure I'll move to the living room and start packing up stuff there.  I'm hoping I can get the vacuum to start sucking again. Bags will go to charity.  And, depending on how far I get, I may even price out some carpeting on Sunday.

Then I'll start organizing my books, movies, and CDs.

Anyway, my ulterior motive is to keep juggling enough stuff that I don't have time to get agitated about my "relationship" with God.  I'm not going to think about it at all.  I'll make my space, but it may not be too sacred right away.

If He wants to tell me something, He's going to have to say it pretty loudly.


.

1 comment:

  1. My best prayer time seems to come when I am doing some serious cleaning or gardening...

    ReplyDelete