Thursday, January 31, 2013

It's Alright (Eventually?)

Haven't been here in a while.  Well, no.  Not true.  I come here every night to sit and think.  It's just been tough finding something to say.  Lately things haven't been going so well. 

One of the blades of the ceiling fan fell off.  Just fell off.  So that's a goner.

The dishwasher installer guys broke my sink and counter top and I've been waiting to hear from their insurance company about sending an adjuster.  So I remain without a working sink and dishwasher.  Well, I do use the sink to wash the dishes, but I have to keep an eye on the bucket under the drain.  I don't know how long I will try to hold out waiting for the insurance guy to call - I'm afraid to get it fixed for fear it will interfere with getting the claim to go through successfully.  And I hope the guys won't do anything with my credit card number.

Upstairs toilet is now officially broken, I guess.  It kept overflowing (pouring through the floor to the room below it) and now it won't stop running at all.  So the water's off in the house except for short, coordinated bursts of cleansing activities.

I have mice.  And squirrels. Noisy insomniac rodents.

Stuff hit the fan big time for me at work.  This week I'm in a "lock down" trying to figure out how to save my project.  I have until next week to figure it out.  It's pretty uncomfortable, to say the least.

There are two much-too-personal things that have gone south over the last two weeks as well.  I won't be sharing those.

I know I shouldn't complain, but that knowledge no longer stops me.  I suppose the good news is that none of these things is a matter of heaven or hell; I'm not sure that makes it any easier. 

Tonight, it's raining like mad.  I really hope that the roof holds up.  If that breaks, I think I will, too.

I sure could use a lullaby.

No comments:

Post a Comment