Sunday, December 9, 2012

Saturday

I'm angry tonight.  For no apparent reason. 

Today was a pretty decent day, except that I only got about four hours of sleep last night.  Had a nice lunch with friends and went to a play, then to a Christmas cantata performance at another church.  Finally home.

Then I remembered that I had to wrap all of the angel tree gifts.  And of course I ran out of tape.   After digging through the house I found another roll and got that done.  Then I needed to get clothes ready for tomorrow and, don't you know it, there's sweater fuzz ALL over my black skirt.   Of course I couldn't find the lint brush.  At least I had some tape now, but, jeez, do you have any idea how long it takes to de-lint a skirt with scotch tape??  And now it's quarter to eleven and I haven't even thought of one even remotely interesting thing to say here. 

So I'm angry.  Or at least frustrated.  Irritated.  Annoyed.

I know the things that set me off are ridiculous; that I should be cheerful and grateful for all I have and stop whining about my "first world problems," but I can't help it right now.  Or at least I don't want to.  For my detox, I suppose I ought to try and pinpoint where this is coming from so that I can name it and control it and move on.  But this is a slippery slope.  When I get like this everything I think of makes me feel worse.  Like why bother?  I just want to give up.

Maybe it's because I'm tired.  That would be the best case scenario.  Or maybe none of this really matters and I'm just trying to process it.  Either way, I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment