Sunday, December 30, 2012

One Goal Down?

Today was a pretty good day.  Got to sleep in a little bit.  Coffee, church, lunch with Leah.  Then a trip to the grocers.  We had another EATT get together tonight, so Leah and I made cookies (from scratch - eek), and I made a batch of banana pudding.

Kind of a bittersweet EATT since one of our family is getting ready to move away.   It's hard to be sad about it for long because of the amazing chain of prayer manifestations that have taken place to get her where she is.  A real-life example of doors closing and opening.  I think I'm going to get her to do some praying for me - it sure seems as though she's got a gift for it.

Also, our wonderful hostess taught us to make bread WITHOUT A MACHINE!  (not counting the oven, of course)  It was a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I was so excited to see it bake and it smelled awesome!  Looked pretty good for a first try - planning to slice it and toast it and make a big ol' BLT out of it.  So that was a start on one of my goals. 

I don't know why, but things seem much more clear, more achievable on a Sunday. I wish every day could be like that.

"Of all smells, bread; of all tastes, salt." -- George Herbert

No comments:

Post a Comment