Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sweet Dreams

Early this morning, I had a dream.  It was a short one.  No super powers.  No free-falling,  No showing up naked at school.  An event out of context.  Just a fragment of what could be a sweet, ordinary story line.  Except for the fact that it was happening to me.  At first, I felt kind of happy or encouraged by the dream.  But as the day wore on and reality dug its heels in, I just felt more and more sad. 

Sometimes I wonder about dreams.  Probably they're just the manifestation of some repressed guilt or bottled-up longing.  But maybe God can send a message through them.  Well, He can do anything; I guess what I meant is that He may use them to speak.   If He did, I'd probably misunderstand it anyway.

Reflecting on the improbable dream led me to wonder if God still talks to humans at all - in dreams or otherwise.  Like He did to Zechariah.  To Mary and Joseph.  To Paul.  

I wonder how some people seem to know exactly what they're supposed to do and what God's purpose for their life is. Like they've got the inside track; the Holy Spirit whispering in their ear or something.  

Why not me?



No comments:

Post a Comment