Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year. Meh.

Here is the thing I dread the most at this time of year:  the "New Year - New You" BS that will soon abound on TV shows and commercials, in magazines, on billboards, on the news.

I HATE it.  Truly. 


I guess it's because I know I need to change, to be a better person, to get in shape, but I don't like to be reminded of it every January.  I feel guilty enough without having to see sales on gym memberships and skin care regimens everywhere I turn.  Besides my long-standing goal of needing to get healthier (that I've been ignoring), I also need to get healthier spiritually. 


Over the last couple of weeks, I've been very lazy about praying and reading; only spending sacred time at church on Sundays.  That was never my intent from this proportionate exercise.  I was supposed to get closer to God and be more focused.  I'm not sure when exactly I lost focus, or why.  I'm feeling guilty about that, too.   When I think about it I get a little nauseous.


I suppose for my New Year's resolution, I should commit to getting back on track.
 

I can't help wishing that the old me was good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment