Sunday, December 23, 2012

Stuff I Want for Christmas (2)


Yeah.  They don't even need to be in a row.  Maybe in 5 second increments.  Or a couple of 10's - I could do something with that gift.

Of course, it won't mean that the things I take a risk on will work out; that I won't fail.   And, now that I'm taking the time to think about this crazy 20 seconds, I realize that I would use that time selfishly.  

To perform some foolhardy stunt.  But not to invite a friend to church.

To speak my mind at work.  But not to evangelize.

To tell someone what I really think of them.  But not to set aside time to pray.

To say, "I love you."   But not to help a stranger in need.

I've already established that, without significant change, I'm a poor steward of my time (see November 19th).  Maybe I don't deserve that 20 seconds until I can prove that I would use the other 86,380 seconds a day more wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment