Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Soooo.  Thanksgiving.  The holiday season officially begins, even though Christmas decorations and gift displays have been up since All Saints Day (I'm lookin' at you, Kmart).  I'm supposed to be excited.  Or, at least, contemplative.  So here goes in no particular order.

I'm thankful for my daughter.
I'm thankful for my dad and sister and brother.
I'm thankful that I have a job and a home
I'm thankful that God is bigger than the things that I said were bigger than Him.
I'm thankful to be part of a community of faith.
I'm thankful for friends who speak the truth in love.
I'm thankful that I'm in relatively good health.
I'm thankful for the pastors at my church.
I'm thankful for the NC mission trip this past summer and being able to laugh again.
I'm thankful for the burdens on my heart.
I'm thankful I can pray and worship in public.
I'm thankful for my car.
I'm thankful that I still have hope that things could get better.
I'm thankful that God sent His son to show me how to live.
I'm thankful that His love is enough.

"We have been given possession of an unshakeable kingdom. Let us therefore be grateful and use our gratitude to worship God in the way that pleases him, in reverence and fear."

No comments:

Post a Comment