Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tired

Spent most of the day cleaning some more.  Pulling things out and assessing.  Trying to decide what isn't staying.  Got a big bag for Goodwill, and lots of coins in the tzedakah box.  Slowly moving ahead.  Praying it's in the right direction.  I'm kind of wiped out, but still have more to do.  So today's post is going to be a short one, I'm afraid.  Gotta get back at it.  Wish me luck.


Weary In Well-Doing

I would have gone; God bade me stay:
  I would have worked; God bade me rest.
He broke my will from day to day,
    He read my yearnings unexpressed,
 And said them nay.

Now I would stay; God bids me go:
  Now I would rest; God bids me work.
 He breaks my heart tossed to and fro,
 My soul is wrung with doubts that lurk
  And vex it so.

  I go, Lord, where Thou sendest me;
     Day after day I plod and moil:
 But, Christ my God, when will it be
    That I may let alone my toil
        And rest with Thee?

       - Christina G. Rossetti

No comments:

Post a Comment